In an atmosphere of love, understanding and care, we provide a safe, clean environment for infants and toddlers.
Child care is provided for the 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. worship services, as well as for programs at the church. Children remain in toddler care until the age of three.
Children are registered upon arrival. Parents are issued a vibrating pager used to contact you in the event that your child becomes overly distressed. Parents are also given a name tag to complete for their child(ren). Basic information such as allergies, pacifier use and toilet training can be noted on the sticker.
We advise you to bring disposable diapers and a change of clothes in case of an accident. Please be sure to label your child's diaper bag, bottle, pacifier, cup, or comfort item. This helps us to quickly comfort your child - and reduces germs in the care are.
We provide a small snack of crackers or cookies and water for toddlers. If your child has allergies please share the details with our caregivers (you should also note the information on your nametag). If you prefer to provide your own snack, please inform the caregivers.
- We will not allow your child to become overly distressed. Our guideline is no longer than 15 minutes of crying before we page the parent. If you prefer a shorter time, please note it on your registration.
- We will page the parent if your child becomes ill or injured or if your child's behavior is uncontrollable.
- A first aid kit is in the room and ice is available in case of a fall.
- In case of an accident, an Incident/Injury Report will be filed.
- After a diaper change the changing table will be cleaned.
- Crib sheets and blankets are removed after use and washed by the coordinator.
- Toys that are permanently in the room will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Toys that break with common usage will be removed.