Characteristics of those receiving food
• 34% are children under 18 years of age
• 15% are elderly
• 14% of households have at least one employed adult
• 79% have incomes below the federal poverty level (poverty level for a family of 4 was $22,050 in 2009)
• 5% of those receiving food are homeless
• 76% of those served have completed high school
Situations facing recipients
• 39% of clients report having to choose between paying for food and paying for utilities or heating fuel
• 27% had to choose between paying for food and paying their rent or mortgage
• 35% had to choose between paying for food and paying for medicine or medical care
• 39% had to choose between paying for food and paying for transportation
• 27% of households served have at least one member living in poor health
Next Community Meals: To be announced. Meals are held at Pearl Road UMC, 4200 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH. Volunteers needed from approximately 4 PM to 6:30 PM.
Contact Jason Kraft at Kraftjj@icloud.com or 440.476.0861.
Twice Blessed Free Store will be closed today but will re-open for shopping on Saturday, April 27.
The Twice Blessed Free Store will be closed all day and will re-open for shopping on Saturday, April 27.
We are so excited to welcome MetroHealth System’s Department of Dental Medicine as they share great oral health tips.
Please join us for a Car Cruise Planning meeting potluck in Room 209.
Please join us for worship at the church and immediately following the Harbor service will be the motorcycle blessing in the church parking lot.