Characteristics of those receiving food
• 34% are children under 18 years of age
• 15% are elderly
• 14% of households have at least one employed adult
• 79% have incomes below the federal poverty level (poverty level for a family of 4 was $22,050 in 2009)
• 5% of those receiving food are homeless
• 76% of those served have completed high school
Situations facing recipients
• 39% of clients report having to choose between paying for food and paying for utilities or heating fuel
• 27% had to choose between paying for food and paying their rent or mortgage
• 35% had to choose between paying for food and paying for medicine or medical care
• 39% had to choose between paying for food and paying for transportation
• 27% of households served have at least one member living in poor health
Next Community Meals: March 19, 2017 and June 18, 2017 at Pearl Road UMC, 4200 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH. Volunteers needed from approximately 4 PM to 6:30 PM.
Contact Jason Kraft at Kraftjj@icloud.com or 440.476.0861.