Characteristics of those receiving food
• 34% are children under 18 years of age
• 15% are elderly
• 14% of households have at least one employed adult
• 79% have incomes below the federal poverty level (poverty level for a family of 4 was $22,050 in 2009)
• 5% of those receiving food are homeless
• 76% of those served have completed high school
Situations facing recipients
• 39% of clients report having to choose between paying for food and paying for utilities or heating fuel
• 27% had to choose between paying for food and paying their rent or mortgage
• 35% had to choose between paying for food and paying for medicine or medical care
• 39% had to choose between paying for food and paying for transportation
• 27% of households served have at least one member living in poor health
Next Community Meals: To be announced. Meals are held at Pearl Road UMC, 4200 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH. Volunteers needed from approximately 4 PM to 6:30 PM.
Contact Jason Kraft at Kraftjj@icloud.com or 440.476.0861.
Keep the community warm by decorating our warming trees this holiday season.
Come join the fun in making fleece tie blankets for Twice Blessed Free Store Families!
The Winter Worship Collective Kickoff Meeting will be held from 6:30pm-8:00pm in Beacon Hall.
Come sing Christmas songs from 2pm-3pm in a singalong with the residents of Algart Home.
Join us on this special Saturday as we celebrate with our Christmas worship service at 9:30am!
Twice Blessed Free Store will be closed Saturday, December 29. There will be no shopping today.