Characteristics of those receiving food
• 34% are children under 18 years of age
• 15% are elderly
• 14% of households have at least one employed adult
• 79% have incomes below the federal poverty level (poverty level for a family of 4 was $22,050 in 2009)
• 5% of those receiving food are homeless
• 76% of those served have completed high school
Situations facing recipients
• 39% of clients report having to choose between paying for food and paying for utilities or heating fuel
• 27% had to choose between paying for food and paying their rent or mortgage
• 35% had to choose between paying for food and paying for medicine or medical care
• 39% had to choose between paying for food and paying for transportation
• 27% of households served have at least one member living in poor health
Next Community Meals: To be announced. Meals are held at Pearl Road UMC, 4200 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH. Volunteers needed from approximately 4 PM to 6:30 PM.
Contact Jason Kraft at Kraftjj@icloud.com or 440.476.0861.
Join us for the Rocky River United Methodist's Cruisin' River Classic Car Cruise the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month this summer!
Come experience our family friendly open mic night and jam session that will include musicians from all across Northeast Ohio!
Join us at the Twice Blessed Free Store with your family to make Laundry Care Kits!