Book Club meets on the third Thursday of the month at 10:00am in the Church Parlor. All are welcome!
Each month a book is read and then discussed at the meeting. Meetings usually last between 1 to 2 hours, and books are chosen by members of the group and range from the most contemporary to the classics. Whether you read the entire book, make it part way through, or did not have a chance to read it, everyone is welcome to come join! For the current book and more information, please contact the church office.
Upcoming Book Club Books:
- June 21st, 2018, we will be discussing The End of Absence: Reclaiming What We've Lost in an Age of Constant Connection by Michael Harris.
- July 19th, 2018: we will be discussing Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond.
- August 16th, 2018: we will be discussing George Szell's Reign: Behind the Scenes with the Cleveland Orchestra by Marcia Hansen Kraus.
- September 20th, 2018: we will be discussing Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.
- October 18th, 2018: we will be discussing The Last Painting of Sara De Vos by Dominic Smith.
- November 15th, 2018: we will be discussing Run by Ann Patchett.
- December 20th, 2018: we will be discussing My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durell.
- January 17th, 2019: we will be discussing The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine Who Outwitted America's Enemies by Jason Fagone.
- February 21st, 2019: we will be discussing Love and Ruin by Paula McLain.
- March 21st, 2019: we will be discussing Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks.
- April 18th, 2019: we will be discussing Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders.
- May 16th, 2019: we will be discussing Wizard: the Life and Times of Nikola Tesla Biography of a Genius by Marc J Seifer.